Edouard Burgeat is a French artist born in Paris in 1988, He works and lives between Paris, Berlin and his atelier in the French countryside at Burcy.
Burgeat studied fine art & photography in Paris then move to London to study spacial & product design at the Central Saint Martins school for Arts and Design, from which he graduated from in 2012. His diverse practice incorporates installation, design, sculpture, photography & drawing. It allows him to work on various projects with cultural institution such as Goethe institue or palais de Tokyo and personnel project with galleries such as Ground effect, Belle Beau, Marchepieds, NWB..
In his work, very process orientated, he explores the limit of Photography as a 2D medium which he transform into 3D installation. Burgeat questions the commonly known History trough his photographs & found elements which he morph as one in search of connections between times via specific ethnologic, economic, aesthetic and cultural situations. In a multidisciplinary and socio politically engaged approach, he accomplishes an insightful analysis on the evolution of our modern world, establishing deep involvement with the viewers on both the intellectual level and the emotional one. He proposes a very personal reflection that can be cynical, sometimes critical, light or complex on todays society & contemporary life.
His past exhibitions included Les rencontres de la photographie d'Arles, Berlin art week, SCOPE Art show Miami, Frieze london, Marrakech biennal. In 2014 he founded Studio-NoD, an atelier where art & design meet for artistic direction on immersive installation, interior design, custom furniture & scenography for clients like LVMH or Pathe Gaumont.
XYears - Espace Louvel, Paris
- Chalo ! With love - Galerie Marche pied, Nantes
- La tete dans les nuages - Neu West Berlin, Berlin
- Primae Noctis - Gallery 8, London
Group Exhibition & art direction
- FTMA - ftma, Paris
- ECL 2 et 3 - 35-37, Paris
- Voyage par temps de Covid - 35-37, Paris
- Les rencontres de la Photographie Arles, Belle Beau galerie
- Festival Ete Indien(s) Arles, Belle n.m Beau n.f. galerie
- Goethe institute, Frei-Raum project - Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Atelier Burcy Darts Club Creation of the residency, Burcy , Fr
- LVMH Jardin d'acclimatation Art direction - Paris, Fr
- Pathe Gaumont Art direction for Paris & Zurich, Fr & Sw
- Freiraum Exhibition 'Jusqu'ici tout va bien', Ljubljana, Sl
- Wild Immersion, Art direction - Fr
- Biennale de l'image tangible - Gallerie Platform - Paris, Fr
- Paratissima art fair, Turin, Italy
- Ground Effect exhibition, Paris, France
- Fomme, Set design for Paris fashion week, Fr
- Cannes series Set design for festival de Cannes, Fr
- La Rotonde, Installation for the rooftop, Paris - Fr
- CB Club, Installation, Boston - US
- Communion, Art direction for the creation of the club, Paris - Fr
- Damearthub Exhibition - Regents Park, London - Uk
- Terrass Hotel Set design, Paris - Fr
- ‘Discussion between times’, Exhibition - St Louis, Paris - Fr
- TEDx, Installation for at theatre du chatelet, Paris - Fr
- Inner’Art ,Exhibition - l’atelier Meraki, Paris
- Winter festival Set design for Nuba, Paris - Fr
- SCOPE Art show Miami, Fair 15th annual Beach, Florida, US
- Faux amis Exhibition at Le Pop-Up , Paris. Fr
- The Midnight Run, Artist workshop in Paris - Fr
- Inner'Art - y art salon Point Ephemere Paris -Fr
- l'Imperatrice at Le Palais de Tokyo Paris - April.
- Exhibition -Songe- at Batofar, Paris - April.
- NoD launch party at gallery Le Huit.
- 6th Passion for Freedom London Art Festival, Uk
- Exhibition for the Parisian art mag Taf Mag - Pari, Fr
- Exhibition invited by NOA at Cuckoo, Regents st London - Uk
- Inhouse Festival, group show, London UK
- 5th Marrakech Biennial, Marrakech - Mo
- Invitation au voyage, Paris - Fr
- TIAF - art fair at the Mile End Art Pavilion, London Uk
- Parallax - at The Mille End art Pavilion, London Uk
-”Robi’s Offlicence“- with ONS collective. Brick Lane, London, Uk
- ”Il Corpo delle donne” spazio laghetto gallery, Milan, It
Tel: +33 (0)7 88 28 97 58
BIT20 - Paris
"A l’oree du design et de la photographie
Artribune article about Marrakech biennal n°5.
L'Equipe - Invitation au voyage
Artist highlights contrast between East and West
Choose Your Chair – Edouard Burgeat
- MGLC, @goetheinstitutt / Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Svicarija, / Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Amir Art House / Goa, India
- NWB residency / Berlin art week, Germany
- Mint Collective Residency / Marrakech Biennale 5, Morocco